Home

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Playing Catch-up

This has definitely been the longest I've gone without blogging, but this weekend has been CRAZY!! I was so, so sick on Friday night and not feeling so hot on Saturday, but still had a TON to do. So I sucked it up and did it.

  • Rob and I filled out and signed our loan application (our first taste of the closing). I now know what they mean when they say you feel like you're signing your life away. Um... you are. There is so much paperwork! And I feel a little lost in all the technical jargon, but the man taking care of our loan is a good guy and I trust him to take care of us. We've also been discussing homeowner's insurance and shopping around a bit. That's another place I feel slightly overwhelmed.
  • The house doesn't look much different, but they have the trim up and we've ordered our custom blinds - woo-hoo! Our first real "decorative" purchase! I'm pretty excited! I'm anxious to go back tomorrow or Thursday and see if they've finished painting and started getting door knobs in. I'm also VERY anxious to meet my new oven/range, microwave and dishwasher... I hope they are satisfactory...
  • Major change in the wedding world... I'm not using my mom's veil. We got it back from Bridal Veils, Etc. and she did a wonderful job - exactly what I asked... but I tried it on with my "new" dress and I just wasn't happy.
  • First, let me veer off onto a little side subject for a moment.... So, my "first" dress came in as lovely as I expected, except for a nice yellow stain on the back. I immediately pointed it out and they immediately made note saying they would get it out. Awesome. Well, I go back and it's still there, not a big deal. I was still six months out with plenty of time. I mentioned it again, they said the note must have gotten lost and they would fix it immediately, calling when it was taken care of. They called, as promised, but couldn't get the stain out of the dress and had to order a new one for me. Thankfully, Maggie Sottero had one already made ready to go out and said they'd send that one so they wouldn't have to wait for it to be made and cut it close to the wedding. So now I have a "new" dress. I must say, I'm really happy with Bridal Connections and the way they handled everything. They have been so awesome throughout the whole process and I've never had a problem! Now on to my other story. So, I brought my veil in to try on with the dress. I just didn't love it. I found a new one. It's very simple and elegant, and looks gorgeous with my dress.
  • And, ladies and gentlemen, you're in for a treat. I'm going to post pictures of my dress, but only for a LIMITED time. Rob really doesn't read my blog, but, just in case... I know there are a few people who have been asking and this is your chance, don't miss it! Here goes! Aaaahahahahaaha!! Psych! You didn't really think I'd post pictures of my beloved dress in such a vulnerable place? :o) I know, I'm mean.

Okay, this is going to be a picture-less post, again. Sorry, I just don't have the energy to look for one and I have to get up way early tomorrow. I'll make up for it soon, I promise...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that the stain wouldn't come out...but at least you got a new stain-free dress and a veil to match!

    ReplyDelete