Home

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

AHHH!!!

We have cabinets! And countertops! And doors! And trim! Woo!!! It was so awesome to walk into the house today and see that there. I have been patiently waiting to see the countertop color with the cabinet color, and I'm very happy! The trim and doors are in, but not painted, so they still look a little rough. But, like I keep saying, it's so amazing how much the "small" things make a difference.

Once again, on to the pictures!

Our kitchen cabinets! The stove and microwave will go in the empty space.

The other side... looking over the breakfast bar. The hole in the bottom part is where the dishwasher will be and the fridge will go in the big open hole.

Looking into the kitchen over the breakfast bar from the great room

The cabinet and countertop colors working together. I think I like our choices... ;o) Oh, and obviously the kitchen sink



Guest bathroom...


I have to admit, I have a love-hate relationship with my future kitchen. I LOVE the cabinet color and the countertops. I love the way it looks (it'll look better finished, I promise!). But... it's sooo small! I have so little counter space and my beloved breakfast bar ate up quite a bit of cabinet space... but, beggars can't be choosers right? I love my house. I am so blessed just to have a house! I was planning on Lindenwood married housing or a horrible little apartment (no offense to apartment-dwellers... it just wasn't what I dreamed of). But, I was thinking realistically. I mean, I think, the majority of newly-weds either start off in an apartment or purchase a little starter home, but how many build? It is so much fun and I am so blessed to have gotten this experience!

Anywho... I do want a bigger kitchen someday, with all the bells and whistles. But I can't wait until I get to cook Rob a meal in my cute first kitchen. It's such a good feeling!

3 comments:

  1. I love your cabinets and countertops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitchen. It doesn't look TOO small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming along... looks great!

    ReplyDelete