Home

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Election Year

I hate election year. I hate elections. I hate politics. It's like planning a wedding, everything's all fine and dandy until you get engaged (or election year comes around) and then you see the worst in everyone. I hate listening to all the negative ads and statistics from random "experts" who - and it's unfortunate that I've started to think like this - were probably payed off to make American's lean toward one candidate or another.

As an United States citizen, however, it is my civil duty to pay attention to this comic banter (yes, that was sarcastic) and vote. And, as with all other Americans, I have my early favorite.

Introduce: Mike Huckabee


I'd never heard of this guy until a few months ago. But the more I hear, the more I like. Though I would probably consider myself a Republican, I truly try to take an unbiased stance when voting for our future president, or other leaders for that matter. Huckabee has really struck a chord with me. One of the biggest things that sort of speaks to me is the fact that he has not (as of yet) released any negative attacks against his opponents. Also, he has not placed a ton of emphasis on raising, and spending, money on his campaign. The list could go on and on, but I won't continue at the risk of getting my facts mixed up or the possibility of having been misinformed.

To check out Mike's stance on the issues go here. Directly from the website, however, I'll go ahead and share a few of the things I really like...

  • Faith and Politics

    My faith is my life - it defines me. My faith doesn't influence my decisions, it drives them. For example, when it comes to the environment, I believe in being a good steward of the earth. I don't separate my faith from my personal and professional lives.

  • Sanctity of Life

    I support and have always supported passage of a constitutional amendment to protect the right to life. My convictions regarding the sanctity of life have always been clear and consistent, without equivocation or wavering. I believe that Roe v. Wade should be over-turned.

  • Education And The Arts

    I believe that every child should have the opportunity for a quality education that teaches the fundamental skills needed to compete in a global economy. As I traveled the country and the world over the last decade bringing jobs to Arkansas, the business leaders I met weren't worried about creating jobs, they were worried about finding skilled and professional workers to fill those jobs.

  • Marriage

    I support and have always supported passage of a federal constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman. As President, I will fight for passage of this amendment. My personal belief is that marriage is between one man and one woman, for life.

  • Energy Independence

    The first thing I will do as President is send Congress my comprehensive plan for energy independence. We will achieve energy independence by the end of my second term.

  • Immigration

    My number one priority is to secure America's border. I opposed the amnesty bill that was defeated by the Senate in June.

  • Vertical Politics

    Vertical Day is here and I want you to be a part of it.

The vertical politics is so true!

Since I just realized that it is nearly midnight and I have to get up early, I'm gonna stop. Like I said earlier, I hate politics and I hate election years, so you won't be hearing much more on this subject. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment