Home

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where to begin?

I've finally found a moment in this unbelievably hectic last several days to post some updates for my blog readers. I guess I'll start from the beginning:
  • We ordered our invitations Friday! One less thing I have to think about. I'm pretty happy though, we ended up getting all of our invitations and enclosures for under $250. Now I get to wait and see how good the colors look... I hate this part. Updates on that in a couple of weeks.
  • Saturday was jam-packed with running errands. Rob and I started the day with getting my new cell phone (more on that below) which, I'm not joking, took 2+ hours. It was totally ridiculous and made the rest of our day all the more rushed. Then we headed to get something to eat because after two hours of dealing with idiots, we were ravenously hungry. After getting a very quick bite to eat, we went over to Ashley Furniture to get some ideas for what we want for the house. We walked around for a while, spotted a couple of things we liked, but didn't love anything. Then we hit Thomasville - way out of our price range. After which we went home, showered, and went out with some friends. It was a solid day of accomplishments and wasted time. Is that possible.
  • Ahhh, my new phone. I'm in love. We ended up getting our own T-Mobile plan at Costco where they happened to be running a deal where if you get your own plan, you get a brand new Blackberry Pearl, for free! Yes, I got a Blackberry Pearl for free! It's very different from the cell phone I'm used to, mainly because it's more like a mini-PC than a cell phone. All the better. Stephanie LOVES new technical gadgets! Isn't she a beauty?
  • Sunday, I enjoyed a wedding shower thrown by Rob's family for a relative of Rob's that is getting married in March. It was great to get together and see every one (for four hours!) and it makes me all the more excited for my own... ;)
  • Monday I subbed for a copy clerk at West High School which led to a very interesting turn of events. I took the job last minute because I hadn't gotten anything for that day quite yet and I had subbed as a copy clerk a couple of times before and quite enjoyed it. I got there and discovered that the woman I was subbing for is going to be out for an indefinite period of time and they were searching for a long-term replacement. Turns out, I'm very available! So now, I'm a temporary replacement for a copy clerk working from 7-2 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays which is quite a relief. Best of all? I have wireless!!! So after I program in a bunch of copy jobs to what I have dubbed as "The Beast," I have time to wait and do things I normally don't have time to do! Like blogging and homework! Woo-hoo! Check out the machine I'm using... yeah, I know.
  • Today we had our walk through at the house. My wait to see my completed house has come to an end, and it's beautiful! I'm so happy. I didn't get to take any pictures, but they have taken care of almost all of the issues we had mentioned before, and are working on everything else. It's all very minimal though and I couldn't be happier. No, I take that back. I could be happier if we were closing tomorrow, when we are supposed to close. Not on Thursday because Vantage home was late in getting paperwork back in on their end. I WANT MY HOUSE!!! NOW!!! It'll be ours before we know it, along with the payments... :o)
  • We also went shopping for furniture today again. We stopped at Rothman Furniture after eating at Bob Evans after the walk through. We have found our furniture! I love everything we've picked out and now we just need to purchase it! Of course we're waiting until we close, but it feels good to have something picked out. Check it out! Our lovely bedroom set. Very simple and elegant and I LOVE the dark wood. Our kitchen table set. It's also a very dark wood (to kind of go with the cabinets in the house), counter height (love it!) and we got 6 stools - we may get two more.... And last, but not least... our living room set. We fell in love with this the moment we saw it. We'll be getting the sofa, loveseat, and ottoman. I love the deep seat and the color and fabric. We need to take some measurements and make sure it will fit in our great room. There shouldn't be a problem.
  • The next few days should be just as hectic and I'm very much looking forward to it! I can't wait to get the keys to our house and park in my OWN garage! I'm so excited!!!
  • Mom and I also began the search for a dress for mom for the wedding. It's proving to me much more difficult that we expected. More to come on that venture :o)

6 comments:

  1. I love all the furniture you picked out. Gorgeous. Congrats on the house; that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie I was worried about you! You hadn't posted in a couple of days, and I was concerned that there was a problem with the house. I'm so glad everything is going well so far, and the furniture is gorgeous. I can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've been a "good" busy, with some fun stuff. Finding a MOB dress was AWFUL for us, but it all worked out in the end. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's so sweet of you Kristal! It all went surprisingly smooth, except for the whole closing thing. Thanks for thinking of me!

    Julia, hopefully it doesn't get any worse than it already is, but we're going today to continue the search at West County mall, so wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TAG you're it! Hope all is well:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same bedroom set! I LOVE it - looks so much better than the picture :) Good luck with the dress search - let us know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete