Home

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wedding Choices

I had a wedding dream lastnight! My first one in a LONG time. I haven't had many dreams, but when I do they are pretty funny. I dreamt that I was getting married at a church attached to JcPenney's at West County Mall and I was running late. Then after I got there, I was sitting in the back pew of the church waiting to walk down the aisle. I was so upset because I wasn't "hidden" in a room before the wedding and everyone could see me. Then I walked down the aisle and a random person from my church was marrying us. Then they were having sound problems and I kept saying, "you don't need a mic!" It was pretty crazy....
Anyway, after my horribly depressing post yesterday, I thought I'd try to lighten it up with something wedding related. That's always fun right? We're coming up on 4 months (tomorrow!) and counting - 122 days, or 17 weeks - and we've got a bit of decision-making ahead of us.
  • The first dance. This has been a decision that has been plaguing my mind for months now and we can't make a choice! Rob and I both love music and often just sit and listen together. We don't reall have "a song" which makes it hard, but we want our first dance to reflect our tastes. We both LOVE Coldplay and Jimmy Eat World. In fact, Jimmy Eat World just came out with a new CD, Chase this Light, which is AMAZING: and Coldplay is supposed to release their new one this year (May???). I'm really hoping to find something on Coldplay's new CD. But somehow I doubt it.... We also like Snow Patrol, Aqualung, Imogen Heap, David Gray, and many, many others. So, as my lovely readers, it's your job to make suggestions! By the way, you can leave comments even if you don't have a blog or aren't registered anywhere. So I know there are lots who read that don't post comments. Now's your chance. You could make your mark in my wedding!

  • Decision number two is the invitations. I believe we've already picked out our invitations, but we are waiting until the last minute to order them because we want to close on the house. But we need to choose how to do the colors on them and whether we want lined envelopes and what enclosures we want. This is way more complicated than it needs to be. But I love the invitation we chose.

  • What to eat at the reception. This decision shouldn't be too hard, but it's kind of been shoved to the side with everything else. I'm sure there will be something everyone likes. :o)
  • Pictures! This is going to be the hardest part of the day, I think. We are VERY strapped on time. We have Clary, my wonderful photographer for 5 hours and I want to make the best of it. Rob and I have decided to see each other beforehand, which will ease some of that pressure, but we still need to make sure that everyone is on board and knows exactly where to be and what to do. Unfortunately when I need to be organized, I never am... I have to try really hard on this one.
  • The Wedding Night. We have two choices. We can go home to our new house, or stay in a hotel. We're still debating on this one... I'd love to stay in a really nice hotel and splurge on room service. But, it would be much easier, faster, and cheaper to just go home - which would be nice too. If we do decide to go to a hotel, we need to decide what hotel to go to. Again, dear readers, any suggestions? FYI: our reception is at the Lake St. Louis Banquet Center, so I don't want to drive an hour or more to go someplace....

Since I don't want to bog you down with too many decisions to make :o), I'll cut it off there. Don't you love wedding posts? Me too! Now if only the wedding was here!

3 comments:

  1. Normally, I would say hotel all the way, but would it be your first night in your new house? Because that would be too cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got great taste in music... have you listened to the words of songs from all those bands, and found one that 'speaks to you?' :) That's what we did, to find songs for our video...
    As for your pictures... make a detailed timeline and give it to everyone! And then stick to it! I think a schedule is the only way to get the most out of your time.
    I don't think it will be your first night in your new house... so I say go for the hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fought hard for "Yellow" by Coldplay to be our first dance but I lost. Instead we used "Be Mine" by David Gray...so obviously those would be my top choices.

    I say hotel for the wedding night. We loved having a night away from home and a place all to ourselves, and splurge a little!

    The pictures will be fine...I agree with Nikki, you have to make a timeline and stick to it.

    And I forgot the rest of the questions. But I love wedding posts:)

    ReplyDelete