Home

Monday, December 17, 2007

Phew...

What a weekend. It was absolutely crazy! Between Dudley and Dad, we've been running everywhere. Dudley has been doing great though. He slept with Oliver and I in my bed last night and did great. Potty training is going, well... slow. But we went to the vet tonight and found out that he has a little Bronchitis. It's contagious, so hopefully Oliver doesn't catch it. We had to get an antibiotic for him.

Dad, on the other hand went back in the hospital yesterday. He almost passed out again yesterday and we recorded his heart on a little device they gave us. The device showed that his heart didn't beat for nearly 4 seconds. Wow. Hearing that was a little scary. After every test under the sun, they couldn't come up with anything that could be causing it and narrowed it down to an electrical misfiring in his heart. So, he got a pacemaker today. Honestly, I'm relieved. I was so afraid it would be something worse! Just say a prayer for us as Dad won't be working for another week. With Christmas coming around, finances are going to be tight! But, hey, God always provides.

In my down time today while waiting for Dad during surgery, I got started on a couple of things for the wedding. I made a couple of "prototypes" that will need a little adjusting, but it's a start!
And, since I have a hard time making a post without including a picture, I'll share a couple of them...

I'd like to get some nice frames for these signs and hang them with ribbon from the doors...


Sign for the Bride's room at the church (I think I'm going to change the colors...)

Sign for the Groom's room at the church

Cover for the programs - the colors will need adjusting, but you get the idea.

Modeled after these...

Favor cards for the reception

I'm also starting my search for a company to print my digital scrapbook... any suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I love all your prototypes!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I'm sure the pacer will help your dad, but how scary! Hope all is well there. And little Dudley will grow up so fast, that you'll wish he was still a puppy....minus the potty training. For printing scrapbooks, there are a few options. I know places like shutterfly, smilebox, and even Walgreens could probably do it. I don't know which is best b/c I haven't decided who to use for myself yet. Let me know what you pick!

    ReplyDelete