Home

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Obviously I have to make a New Year's post, but I've been debating on what to write. If I made resolutions, I'd post those, but I've never really made a resolution and have no reason to start that tradition now. (Maybe I should?)

I must say, though, this is going to be one heck of a year. Why? Because I'm getting married!!! We're almost at the 5 month mark and I couldn't be more excited/nervous/anxious. The house will be done in a couple of months, and I can finally move all of the things I've been collecting for it out of my parents' basement. It seems I get more and more everyday and find less and less space to put it.... By the way, thanks to my Grandparents and Aunt Liz for the decorations, shelving, and other misc. items that will come in very handy!

The house is coming along quite nicely. I haven't posted pictures in a while because, quite frankly, it doesn't look any different. They have just finished pouring the basement floor, garage floor, and front porch as well as started wiring for electric and running the plumbing. My shower and tub are sitting in their respective bathrooms! We will have a pre-drywall walk-through soon. It's going so fast! I hate this feeling I have of desperately wanting the house to be done, but at the same time wanting them to take as long as possible... I want to see the completed product, but don't want to start paying for it yet!!

We also registered this weekend. We spent 4 hours armed and dangerous at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I'm not sure Rob ever wants to go back. That was just for the kitchen! I didn't realize just how much we needed. We are also going to register at Sears and Macy's, but I think I should give Rob a little rest... :) It was great fun though! I loved finding everything and thinking about where I am going to put it and when I'm going to use it. I'm so excited to cook a meal in my own pots and pans on my own stove! Hopefully, I don't burn it. I'm going to have to learn how to cook again with electric as I've grown up on gas. Rob's a good sport though :)

I'm also looking at another semester of school. Or, I should say, dreading another semester of school. Actually, I'm not dreading school itself, I'm dreading the bill that comes monthly. I am so grateful for my scholarship situation and as stressful as it is paying for what little I pay every semester, I can't imagine paying full tuition and room and board.

Subbing will be starting up again next week also. I feel a little irked at myself because I'm dreading going back. I really love subbing and it's an awesome job, but the not knowing where I am or what I'm doing, if anything, gets really old. Is it selfish of me to see the posters for bridal showers for employees at the schools and to think that I wish I had a job where I was at the same place with the same people everyday so I could get one? Yeah, it probably is, but deep down, I'm kinda bummed. It's not even just because I'm not getting a shower (those are great though!) but I'd love to have a place where I'm there enough to make friends with coworkers and actually know the names of the people I work with. Every job has it's downsides...

I suppose I'll call this a miscellaneous Monday post. I've kind of rambled a bit, but I've had a lot on my mind and it's nice to let it all out. Thanks for listening! Good night and happy new year!

1 comment:

  1. Great year ahead for you! Happy New Year, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete