Home

Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm Ready!

I am so ready for the house to be done and the wedding to be over. It's all so exciting, but quite frankly I'm just ready. I've been engaged for almost a year and a half, and been talking about getting married with Rob since we had been dating for 6 months. I'm ready to stop talking about being married and actually be married. I'm ready to get all of the stuff out of my parents basement and actually put it to use in my own home. Though I know I will get sick of it, I'm ready to clean my own house and to do Rob's laundry. I'm ready to go grocery shopping for the first time and have our first party. I'm ready to cook Rob dinner and pack his lunch in the morning. I'm ready to finally get to wake up next to the person I love most in the world (and my puppies) and park my car in my garage. I'm ready to wear that dress that we spent so much money on, and to let Rob finally have his wedding band that he loves so much. I'm ready to plant a garden in my yard and make my house into a home. I am soooo ready. For everything.

However, I just read Julia's blog, and it served as a little reminder - thank's Julia! - that as much as I want to be married and live in my house and establish my new life with my new family, it is ever so important to live my life now. As I know, much to well, we are not guaranteed tomorrow and I need to cherish every moment God has blessed me with in this world. The best part? Even if I were to die tomorrow, I would never change a thing in my life. I have lived, I have loved, and that is all I will ever need. Purely. Simply.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you can step back and enjoy the MOMENT and not strive towards the future. Although, I too remember that feeling of "I just want to be married, already!" But just think, you'll never be "engaged" again and you'll be married forever. So enjoy! Sounds like you have your head on straight:)

    ReplyDelete