Home

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

:::Sigh::: It's over...

Well, my weekend of heaven is over. Technically, it was over yesterday, but I had a good day yesterday, so I won't count it. I'm currently sitting in the library at Lindenwood fuming over the fact that they are raising tuition and room and board again and thinking about how the heck I'm gonna pay the extra money out of pocket.

See, there are few things that I take pride in. However, one of them is the fact that I scored a 30 on my ACT allowing me to attend Lindenwood University on a full ride academic scholarship. The stipulations of this scholarship are that I have to pay a $300 "student family contribution" (a.k.a. we call it that to get free money out of you) and $120 in activity fees. This is what I pay to go to school, and I can handle it. I work enough to pay it off every semester (on top of books and bills). Well, this past semester they upped that $300 to $500. OUCH. I'm afraid of what it's gonna be next semester. I really don't want to have to take out a loan. Pray for me.

On a lighter note, I had a great Thanksgiving weekend filled with family and fun. The food was wonderful on Thanksgiving day and it was so nice to spend the weekend with my family and not have to worry about what "I have to do tomorrow." We stayed up all night on Thursday rocking out on Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band and went shopping on the day after Thanksgiving, getting our traditional Starbuck's Hot Chocolate at 4:00 in the morning and heading to the mall. I got all of my Christmas shopping done! Woo-hoo!

I also splurged a bit and bought myself a new MP3 player, which I absolutely love:


On Friday we went and saw our hole for the house (see below)! Very exciting! Then we had a really fun evening with some friends and went to see "August Rush" which is quickly becoming one of my favorite movies.

This movie has an absolutely amazing soundtrack which I am currently listening to on my brand new MP3 player. The movie is just beautiful - dialogue, cinematography, music, acting. I loved it!

Afterwards we went to Ariake Japanese Steakhouse which is always a good meal! Sunday I stayed at home and relaxed all day. It was such a great weekend....

Back to reality! But, on the bright side, it's officially the Christmas season!!! I love Christmas! I'll have pictures of our gorgeous tree up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm insanely jealous that you won't have any student loans after you graduate. What a blessing! I wish I would have taken the ACT seriously...but then again, I wouldn't have attended SLU and met my friends and hubby. On another note, go for the new layout and let me know if you need help. it really isn't that hard at all, and pretty fun. Oh, and I want to see August Rush, too--I didn't know it was out yet!

    ReplyDelete