Home

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Buyer's Remorse

I now understand what buyer's remorse is. I about had a little meltdown yesterday when we went to visit the lot in daylight. The house is not going to sit on the lot exactly how I pictured it would and the fence has to be a certain amount of feet from the street so our backyard will not be as big as I had hoped... With a nearly 15,000 sq. ft. lot, I was picturing a HUGE lot. Well, after looking at the plot plan and seeing the house staked out, I was depressed. I felt like I had made the biggest mistake of my life, I was second guessing the color choices we made, and I knew that it was too late now to back out. Well, apparently all home buyers go through these feelings at some point in time (at least I hope so).

So, we talked about the lot and the backyard and came up with some really good solutions to our "dilemma" while making the best use of the humongous lot we got for such a great deal. We aren't going to fence everything we can, instead we are going to fence a small part of the backyard - for Oliver, of course and make use of the huge side/back part we have. It's nearly 100 feet from the back corner of our house to the street at one point.

So, I feel really good about our decision now and I'll leave you with some pictures of the lot and the stakes from yesterday's visit!.

If you look really closely, this is a side view of our yard. There are small stakes in the ground on the left half of the picture.


That's our house!


Here's Rob and I standing in our backyard. The stake next to us marks where the breakfast room will be!

2 comments:

  1. i'm sure it will work out, but i think any major purchase comes with some remorse/questioning. it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I hope you feel better about the house and of course some things will be different but don't freak out...you bought a house and are getting married so I guess you are aloud to have your moments, but this isn't one of them...it will all be amazing in the end!!

    ReplyDelete