Home

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dum, dum, de, dum...

For my wedding addicted readers, or, my recovering wedding addicted readers, I thought I'd make a post about the progress with the wedding. After sitting idle for quite a while with wedding stuff, it's kind of exciting that I've finally reached a point where I am a little more active in the wedding planning process. Why? Because I'm almost two months away!! 10 weeks! Time flies so fast. I can't believe that I've been engaged for a year and a half. But, through it all, I still can't wait for it to be here!

Saturday, my lovely friend Sam is getting married which is making it all the more real for me. I'm so happy too that mother nature has decided to give the world some relief from her incessant goal of recreating the flood that only Noah survived to give her the perfect spring day. 65 degrees and sunny! Woo-hoo! Who could have asked for a better day? I'll definitely be back with pictures of this event next week!

Back to my wedding... I mailed out invitations today! But, this seemingly joyous experience has been marred forever by the US Post Office's decision to charge me for the extra 0.1 oz. that my invitations weigh. That's right, remember my earlier post showing a picture of my lovely invitations with their nice purple stamps sitting so pleasantly in the corner? Yup, they are now accompanied by a lovely 17 cent stamp showing the most beautiful, and majestic, of animals. A ram. Yes, you heard me right, a ram. See for yourself...


Now, don't get me wrong. I think I've been pretty good about not flipping out about stuff with the wedding. I mean, I was fully prepared to buy the American flag stamps because I thought the pretty purple ones cost more. But, I'll admit that after all the work I put into the invites and how perfect they looked when I was finished, I was thoroughly disappointed when they weighed in at 1.1 oz requiring me to fork out another 17 cents a piece on ugly stamps to ruin my perfect invitations. Regardless, I'm so happy to have crossed this milestone! Invitations are out! Let's hope the RSVP's start rolling in! And for those of you near and dear to me reading this, yes, I need a response from you even if you think I know you're coming! I already have my mom and dad's, yes, I have a respond card from those I live with, that means I need one from you too!

Next. I had my first dress fitting last week! It went awesome! While I was there, I picked up several of the bridesmaids dresses and saw the flowergirl dresses! They look awesome! The wedding will be gorgeous. Check out this post and this post to see the dresses...

Today, I discussed the ceremony music with Russell. This is something that has kind of sat in the back of my head for a long time. Much to the disappointment of my dear mom, who dreamed of me walking down the aisle to the Bridal March... I don't think that's what we'll be using. I'm not sure but here's what I've got it narrowed down to for the day. For before the ceremony while the guests are finding seats, I'll be playing a selection of songs from my all time favorite movie, Pride & Prejudice.

If you haven't seen this movie, see it. And, while you're watching it, listen to the music! It is gorgeous!!! For the processional I've got it narrowed down to three:
  1. Hymne by Vangelis
  2. The Theme Song from Legends of the Fall
  3. It's Your Day by Yiruma
I think all would be awesome. We'll see what Rob says....

The recessional will be a surprise though!

Finally, Rob and I have to set up our pre-marital "counseling" with our pastor. I'm kinda nervous about this. Obviously, I have no idea what to expect. I hate not knowing what to expect. I suppose it must be done though...

I'll leave you with some wedding related funnies tonight...





1 comment:

  1. Great use of Some Ecards. I love them all.

    And good work with the wedding progress! 10 weeks?! Whoo hoo.

    ReplyDelete