Home

Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquakes, Etc.

Yes, as many of you know, we experienced an earthquake this morning. I awoke to the shaking this morning at about 4:30 when a stuffed animal on a shelf above my bed fell on my head. Let me tell you it was a very strange sensation. The house was literally shaking back and forth as if someone put it on rollers and was jostling it. It wasn't very strong, but it made some things in my room rattle and woke most of the family from a dead sleep.

Let me tell you, though this was a scary thing. The first thing that popped into my head, after the initial "Is this an earthquake?" reaction was my beloved new house. I was thinking, "This is it. This is the beginning of the big earthquake on the New Madrid they've been talking about for 50 years. Oh goodness, if something happens to my house I have to fork out 15% of what it's insured for as a deductible. We can't afford that! Where are we going to live? Okay, Stephanie, just calm down. Pray." 45 minutes later I made it back to sleep and was relieved this morning when I found out the epicenter was in Illinois and it wasn't the "Big One" scientists have been predicting for ages now. Phew!

Now I can officially say I know what an earthquake feels like. Strange, very strange indeed.

Oh, and the etc. part of the title of this post is just that I FINALLY ordered my garter from The Gartermaker. It will be mint green with a lavender bow. I'm very excited to see it!

56 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment