Home

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For...

I thought it would be kind of me to let Oliver speak his mind. My poor babies have been extremely patient with my house obsession and how much I neglect them with my busy schedule. I'll make it up to them, I promise.

I really hope no one is disappointed by this post. Looking at the pictures, I feel like I have put so much time and effort into the house and don't really have much to show for it. Then, I've gone and made such a big deal out of it that I've gotten everyone's hopes up. So, now I'm warning you, the house doesn't look like a page out of an interior design magazine, but let me tell you, it's much improved!

Let the fun begin! We did SO much (Mom and I for the most part...) and I'm gonna kind of take it step by step. I have to apologize though, because I don't really have pictures of the house "finished" before we fixed it up.


The Front Entrance:

Before (During Construction)

After with a little paint, some curtains, and a rug

The Kitchen:

Before (At the end of construction)

After! We painted (it's green...), added a couple of house plants, and some furniture. This is one of my favorite rooms in the house!

The breakfast room, also painted and our awesome counter-height kitchen table which I love (with Dudley looking out the back door)

The kitchen again (can you tell I like this room?) With our new fridge, some paint, a couple of rugs, and some paint!

Rob's Office:

Sorry, no before picture, but we just painted it an awesome shade of blue. It has some furniture in it now too!

Master Bathroom:

Before (During construction)


After, we painted it the same color as the kitchen, just because it so happened to be the perfect color and added some decorations. Now we just need a shower curtain rod!

Guest Bathroom:

After, paint, and various awesome decorations from Sears

The Great Room:

Before (Right at the end of construction)

After, paint, furniture and a few electronics... :o) Rob refuses to watch the "little" TV.

Another shot of the great room from the kitchen.


The Master Bedroom:

After some paint, furniture, and a lovely bedroom set from Linens N Things!

One of the dressers


I'm so in love with my house right now! It feels good to work on it and watch things take shape. There will definitely be more in the future! Next on the list is getting some pictures on the walls. But, we'll be doing a lot of that after the wedding. I hope it was at least worth the wait! I can't wait to move in!

Also, any suggestions are welcome as to how to make it better! I hope to be doing a lot of yard work in the future as well. Maybe we'll get grass soon?

Oh, and we got a TON of free carpet from our neighbors house and laid it all over the basement floor. I didn't get pictures of it yet, but it definitely helps warm it up a little bit, literally!

Have a great evening everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I happen to think it looks awesome! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab, Stephanie! And how far it's come. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappointed?! Are you kidding me? Stephanie, it looks amazing! I can't imagine how thrilled you are right now with it all. Congrats on your gorgeous new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous! Congratulations on all of the hard work.

    ReplyDelete