Home

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Don't Register at Sears

Rob and I made the registries for our wedding sometime in January. We decided, obviously, on Bed Bath and Beyond because they are absolutely the BEST place to register. But we wanted to give our guests an option and after all the bad things we heard about Target and Macy's we decided to go to Sears. Big mistake. I should have known from the beginning. I've had nothing but trouble with them and I've about reached the point of canceling my registry there and going somewhere else. I really hate doing that though because the invites are already out for my shower on April 13th. Let me tell you about my troubles...
  • The printer: It's broken. Every time I go to the Mid Rivers store, I look at the registry kiosk and the main computer is off and the printer doesn't work. Um... how are my lovely guests (who are so graciously taking their time to buy me a gift) going to see what I registered for if they can't print it off? So, I politely bring this to the attention of an associate who tells me they have a work order out for it to be fixed. They've told me this for weeks now...
  • This brings me to point number 2. The associates. So, upon realizing that the printer doesn't work I promptly go to the nearest service desk in search of an associate to help me. There is no one there! So, now (I'm thinking of my guests, here) I have to trounce through the store in search of someone to help me which is not something I, as a valued customer should have to do, and have to wait for them to find someone to help me.
  • Now, point number 3. I went to Sears today to see if my comforter set was on sale. Come to find out they are discontinuing not only the blanket I registered for but also the bath stuff. In fact they, and all the other stores within driving distance were out of it. They didn't notify me of this? How am I supposed to magically know that half the stuff I registered is being discontinued? They were supposed to notify me of this...
Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. It reminds me of our experience registering at JC Penney. Nightmare!

    I guess there isn't a Crate and Barrel near you?

    ReplyDelete