Home

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#2: 29 Weeks

It's been quite a week around here, hence my absence. Christmas played a large role, of course, but I was super bummed when the pictures I took of Evelyn in her first mini-snow of the year disappeared. Then, Rob was spending a lot of time on the computer working on something things on his vacation, so blogging didn't get the first priority. I'm working on a couple of things though that I'm pretty excited about!

  • Christmas!!
  • Evelyn's 18 Month Post (sob)
  • A recipe for Pull-Apart Cake (aka the second-best part of Christmas morning)
  • Dishwasher Detergent that (so far) works!
  • Setting up my sewing area (and hopefully some beginner sewing tutorials will follow!)
So, there's something to look forward to. Now for the real point of this post!



{Yikes. I need to clean my mirror!}

How far along: 29 weeks

How big is baby: An acorn squash. Baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since he's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth) things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. 

Weight gain/loss: Not sure. At least 27 lbs. I'd say I'm definitely over 30 lbs by now. Deep breaths....

Stretch marks: None yet this time. But, I'm sure they'll come.

Sleep: Still sleeping all night but not feeling very rested. I usually wake up sore in the morning. That's par for the course though!

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Actually kind of feeling a little more like I did with Evelyn where I'm kind of "meh" on food in general. I'll eat when I'm hungry, but I'm not really craving anything.

Movement: I'm beginning to be able to distinguish body parts. I get a lot of feet in my right side which makes me hope that baby has flipped and is no longer breech!

What I'm worrying about: Weight gain. Still. I just feel huge and I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about it. I have a lot of things I tell myself to give reasons for it, but then I can't help but think that I need to stop making excuses for it and be more careful about what I eat. I've never been one to obsess over my weight, but to make a swing from one end of the spectrum to the other so quickly is really hard for me to wrap my head around. Technically, I think I'm still at a healthy weight at around 159 for my 5'6", nearly 30 week pregnant frame, but seeing myself quickly outgrowing my smaller maternity clothes makes it harder to swallow. I'm just trying to keep my perspective healthy. 

What I'm loving: Thinking about the little baby that will be here soon! Tiny clothes. Tiny diapers. Oh, and don't get me started on the thought of wearing a little one again. Swoon!

Symptoms: OMG, my heartburn is back with a vengeance. Hip pain. Some swelling. Just feeling pregnant!

What I'm looking forward to: Enjoying Christmas with my family next week and trying to get some more things ready for Evelyn's big girl room!

Best moment of the week: Christmas with my little family. It wasn't picture perfect by any means. But it was my kind of perfect. Watching Evelyn play with her new toys and be so happy is amazing. Can't wait for next year.

2 comments:

  1. What about the chocolate lava cake with ice cream? How many places did Rob go looking for it and we finally found it at Applebee's on Christmas Eve? Evidently, you don't crave a lot, only the hard things.

    ReplyDelete