Home

Monday, December 10, 2012

#2: 27 Weeks

{Sorry for the dirty mirror!}

How far along: 27 weeks

How big is baby: A rutabaga (can't say I know how big a rutabaga is...) - Baby's lungs are going through some major development these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means he's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in your womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid, but hey - it's progress.

Weight gain/loss: I think I've only gained 4 more since the fateful 23 lb revelation at 23 weeks. So that's a pound a week and I'm totally okay with that. Total of 27 lbs at 27 weeks.

Stretch marks: None yet this time. But, I'm sure they'll come.

Sleep: Pretty good again! Sleeping well and through the night.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Food in general sounds yummy!

Movement: This baby loves to somersault! Evelyn had settled herself to head down with her bum in my ribs by now. This baby is not so content. He/she is always in a different place and I love all the movement. I also love that I'm starting to be able to guess what different body parts are. 

What I'm worrying about: I've been swelling more with this pregnancy than I did with Evelyn. I don't think I noticed any swelling until I was at least 35 weeks with her. I'm totally blaming this on my stints at a desk for several hours doing my job. It's definitely worse on the days I work. But my mind keeps flashing to preeclampsia and other horrible things that will make my labor and delivery horrible. Why am I so much more worried this time?! I never worried about anything going wrong the first time and now I just can't seem to have that faith in my body. 

What I'm loving: Third tri!! Wow. Can't believe it. Clinging to every minute of movement and fun that I love with pregnancy.

Symptoms: Swelling. Heartburn. 

What I'm looking forward to: Christmas! It's almost here! Maybe meeting with a doula and making some decisions there.

Best moment of the week: Confidently distinguishing a foot during some movement! I love knowing that this little one is growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment