Home

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

#2: 22 Weeks


{22 Weeks with Evelyn}

{22 Weeks with #2!  - Sorry for the crappy phone pic}

Wow. I need to pull myself together. Get a haircut maybe? Idk. I feel like a slob in my pic this week... The bump is definitely a little bigger with this one though, I think!

How far along: 22 Weeks

How big is baby: A papaya. Baby's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when - just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

Weight gain/loss: I'll let you know at my next dr. appointment. I don't typically weigh myself that often...

Stretch marks: None yet. But, I'm sure they'll come.

Sleep: Still awesome! Except for Saturday night. We thought Dudley might be having a relapse with his back (I'm working on this post) and was in pain and awake all night. So, in turn, I was too. But, I slept fabulously on Sunday night!

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I've been wanting Qdoba an unusual amount lately. Pretty much anything that sounds good. There's no predicting what that may be though.

Movement: I was looking back at my 22 week post from Evelyn and wondering if movement was this noticeable last time. But, I noted in my 20-21 week post that Rob did feel her move then as well. I just feel like this baby is so much more active. Much more dramatic with movement. I was watching my belly last night and there was a lot of big kicks I could see from the outside! I love it though. Seriously, my favorite.

What I'm worrying about: How I'm possibly going to balance working (especially from home) with two kids. It's hard enough to do it with one! I just can't image being able to actually get my work done during the week while working around the schedule of a toddler and a newborn. I know I'll have some maternity leave, but it won't be paid so I'm not sure how long I'll be taking. This is totally stressing me out. 

What I'm loving: This time in my life. Being pregnant is amazing. Being a mom is amazing. I have a wonderful husband and an amazing family. I love this feeling of wondering who this little person will be. I remember feeling this way with Evelyn and the utter joy of learning about her and loving her is indescribable. It's amazing. And I get to do it twice?! So blessed.

Symptoms: Still heartburn. Round ligament pain. Braxton Hicks - early, I think, but not unheard of. I just need to make sure I'm drinking plenty of water. This hasn't changed!

What I'm looking forward to: The holidays! Enjoying this time with Evelyn as a family of three.

Best moment of the week: Watching my belly moving around. Oh how I missed it. It's really hitting home how real this is now!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you love being pg so much! I do, too. And could you get a sitter for parts of your day while working at home? I know that would cost money but it might be worth every cent. It definitely IS hard to be productive in general at home with two kids---but I 'm sure you will find a way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back. I know you're next door but we can never get a conversation in while we are juggling two toddlers. Love you! Your belly is INSANE! I got so happy when I saw you out walking with Evelyn the other day. LOVE LOVE LOVE the belly!

    ReplyDelete