Home

Sunday, February 27, 2011

22 Weeks

Baby is now the size of a... Papaya!!

Fruit size no longer changes weekly. So, we're going to stick with the papaya for about a month.

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day.

I'm still feeling great! I think I must be the luckiest pregnant lady around. I try not to let things bother me and that makes me super happy! I've had some stretching pains this week and I'm beginning to wonder if my belly button will end up an innie or an outie. I'd say the only thing I can complain about is my frequent trips to the bathroom. I joked that I should just put my desk at work in the bathroom since that's where I seem to be spending most of my time. It's kind of frightening to know it's only going to get worse.... My maternity clothes are starting to fit much better now. I don't look like I'm drowning in them at least! Baby is moving around all the time still and I love every minute. I think he's still small enough to be somersaulting and I think he flips between breech and head down often. I sometimes will feel him tap dancing on my bladder and other times I feel the taps way up high. Speaking of way up high, I feel things much higher up with each passing day. It's amazing to think about this tiny little being in my belly! I'm so blessed.

Here I am a 22 weeks! No, this is not actually what a wore out of the house today. It's a pair of leggings and the most amazingly long cami from H&M. They were under a dress.


And... a little hint of the first baby project I'm working on...



5 comments:

  1. You're looking great and glad to hear you're still feeling great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ridiculously cute----both you and 'the project'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable and I am so happy to hear that your pregnancy continues to go smoothly. It is such a blessing to have a enjoyable journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to the camera shy "Oliver"? He seems to be posing in this picture. Is he trying to tell us you have been ignoring him? This is not the usual "she's got the camera out" face of disgust we are used to seeing. You know I'm enjoying this as much as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new "Mom" hair. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete