Home

Monday, February 28, 2011

Why I'm Angry with my OB (well, not anymore)

It's amazing how much your relationship changes with your OB after you get pregnant. This person goes from a dreaded once-a-year torture-bearer to your best friend. I found my OB's office long before I got pregnant. To be honest, I didn't really search very much, I just looked up who took my insurance and went from there.

I ended up finding an office that I really liked and made my first appointment with my new Dr. This appointment is kind of my beginning marker of our journey through trying to conceive as I went to her to put an end to my 99 day cycle (I cringe just thinking about it). I saw her through three cycles, two with Clomid, until we moved on to our amazing RE. When I finally came back to her, I was pregnant!

I had had many conversations with her regarding my feelings on labor & delivery. She was totally on board with my feelings and opinions (more on that in another post) and I was happy. I hadn't felt that bond that a lot of women talk about when they refer to their OB, but I figured it was because I hadn't actually had a baby yet. Then, at my 16 week appointment she proceeded to tell me that she was moving offices! Needless to say, I was a little shocked and, to be honest, a little angry. I chose her partially because she delivered at hospitals that were close to my house and now she was picking up and moving to another hospital 40 minutes away!

So started my dilemma. Do I stay? Or do I go? I was really struggling with this and several other decisions that we were making at the time (January was a pretty hectic and stressful month) and was just frustrated about the whole thing. Well, after Rob and I decided it was time to start interviewing doulas (again, more on that later) we heard from several of them that my Dr.'s partner was EXCELLENT. I heard nothing but glowing reviews about her and so I decided I should at least give her a chance. So, I changed my next appointment so I could see her instead of my current Dr. Much to my chagrin, I had to push my much-anticipated big ultrasound off another week, but I am SO GLAD I did.

I am in LOVE with my new Dr. She is absolutely perfect in every way. I feel so comfortable with her and I couldn't be happier with my decision. She's been super helpful and supportive. I love that fact that she has paid to put several of the nurses at the hospital she delivers at through doula training and how completely her beliefs match mine.

So, I'm not angry with my OB anymore. And, I have yet another occasion of proof that God truly does have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment