Home

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Deck the Halls!

One of our favorite family traditions is decorating the house for Christmas the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We get up and eat a yummy family breakfast then dig out all of the decorations and go to town while watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. This year I couldn't wait until Evelyn got up from her nap to see the finished product.

{Table Set Up - While it lasts...} 

{The stockings were hung by the Breakfast bar with care - can't wait to see another up there next year!}

 {Just because I loved Evelyn crashing this one}

{Christmas tree!} 

{Evelyn's Nativity} 

We also are avid Hallmark ornament collectors. I often think that I would like to just go and get some pretty uniform ornaments, but every year when we put them up on the tree I remember why I love them so much. This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas - reminiscing about the life events we remember by them. I love that I feel like our tree tells a story. Note to self: get out the good camera. I can take better pictures than this, I just thought I'd see how our little point and shoot would do....

 {One of Evelyn's favorite books}

{Evelyn's first Christmas Ornament from last year} 

 {This one is relevant this year too!}

{Celebrating our growing family last year!} 

{Evelyn loved the snowman} 

{No really, she loved the snowman}

We wanted to take video of Evelyn's first real Christmas decor experience. She wasn't as excited as we thought, but there is some classic Evelyn cuteness in there!



No comments:

Post a Comment