Home

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

#2: 24 Weeks


{Make up and hair halfway done! Followed by an awesome phone pic...}

How far along: 24 weeks

How big is baby: A cantaloupe. Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow. 

Weight gain/loss: 23 lbs. That number still scares me, but my dr. is not concerned. I've though a lot about it and have realized a couple of things. First, I was nearly 20 pounds lighter when I got pregnant this time than I was with Evelyn. Second, I'm at right about the same weight right now as I was at this point in her pregnancy. I'm feeling better about it. Still a little anxious, but it's not so dramatically world-ending as it was.

Stretch marks: None yet this time. But, I'm sure they'll come.

Sleep: I've been a busy bee this week prepping for the holidays and such and I've been crashing hard every night. Sleeping well, though still finding myself tired at the end of every day.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: No partiality to sweet or salty. Still enjoying milk. Starbucks hot chocolate.

Movement: All the time! Still loving every second. 

What I'm worrying about: How Evelyn is going to handle the big transitions coming her way. She's going to be moving into a big bed before the baby and watching mama nurse the new one. I'm hoping she doesn't get too jealous or feel like she needs to act out to get attention. I'm having those feelings of remorse like I'm neglecting my first born. If only she understood how loved she is and always will be.

What I'm loving: Having a belly that has actually surpassed the girls. I swear, if one more person comments on what pregnancy does to my chest, I might lose it.

Symptoms: They've kind of subsided a bit. Heartburn is still there but mild. The Braxton Hicks have slowed down thankfully. I'm in the 2nd tri glory days. 

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing if Rob and I can settle on names. It's going so fast! 

Best moment of the week: Date night with my hubby. Even though I had to pee for the last hour of James Bond. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment