Home

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wedded Wednesday - Sacrifices




Rob HATES getting up early. Me, on the other hand, as much as the actual act of getting out of bed early is not my strong suit, I enjoy getting up early. I would much rather go to work early and get out early than go in late and get out late. For Rob, being a night owl, the 9-6 schedule has worked perfectly for him for the past 3-4 years. I don't particularly care for the schedule since it really cuts into our time together, but it's not that big of a deal. So, when Rob came to me the other day and mentioned that there was a shift opening at work for 7:30-4:30 and that he was thinking about taking it, I was floored. I couldn't comprehend that he would actually voluntarily get up earlier.

He said that he hated that we couldn't spend very much time together in the evenings since by the time he got home and we ate dinner, it was time for me to go to bed. So, he wants to switch to an earlier schedule. This is one of those occasions when showing your love doesn't require diamonds or shiny things. This is one of the most thoughtful things he's done and I"m SO excited for him to be getting home earlier!!



1 comment:

  1. That really is the best. How cute is that that he's willing to get up early to spend time with you? I love it!

    ReplyDelete