Home

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Clomid Cycle 1 = Fail

It may be a little early to call it, but I'm fairly positive I've reached the end of my first cycle on Clomid. I ended up having one hot flash in the middle of the night and no other side effects of the medication. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I never ovulated. I feel a lot better now about the situation than I did last week (you can read the post I made on that at the bottom). I was really discouraged and frustrated. Now I just have to call the doctor and find out what to do next. I'm really hoping my period shows up on its own and I don't have to go through the 10 days of progesterone pills to get it to start again. Maybe the next cycle will be a success.

I realized after I started posting about our issues with trying to conceive that I would need to be careful about what I post. I am so happy I have this place to put all my thoughts in order and it really helps during those times I'm feeling overwhelmed. But if we are successful, I don't want to share that news right away. This is something Rob and I agreed on when we started trying. So, from here on out I won't be writing too much on the subject as far as updates. I feel a little torn, because this is my place to share, my place to vent and chronicle things. But, like I said, we don't want to share that news too early. Does that make sense? I backed myself into that corner. :)

Anyway, in regards to this cycle I've come to terms with it. I've struggled with sharing the following with you, for a couple of reasons. One, because when I wrote it, there was still a chance I might ovulate. Two, it's pretty raw. I don't normally share my feelings like that and I still think some of them were unjustified. But, I believe in honesty. This is what I was feeling and I can't hide that. I feel so blessed for the many things I have and if God decides it is going to take a little longer for us to get pregnant, I'm okay with that. I have to be. I guess I was a little angry with God when I wrote this. A little frustrated. Disappointed. I'm feeling better now.

Feel free to read, if you like. I wrote this two weeks ago Thursday, the day I kind of viewed as the cutoff for this cycle. But, if you're not really wanting to read something depressing (like this post isn't already depressing enough), stop reading here.


I'm discouraged. I've been depressed all week. The worst part is, I don't feel like I have a right to be discouraged. I'm frustrated with myself and feel completely selfish. The clomid hasn't worked this cycle. I have not ovulated. I guess I was hoping that it would be perfect, an easy fix. And maybe it will be with the next cycle. But I can't help but be disappointed and discouraged. I know it's still early in the game. I know that I'm young and have time. But, I can't help feeling what I'm feeling.

I have this battle going on in my head. I'm disappointed that it didn't work. That I'm not pregnant. I'm annoyed that I'll be doing this dance again next month. What if the same thing happens? I'm annoyed with myself for wishing the days away until I reach certain "milestones" in the cycle - (progesterone, period, clomid, ovulation?, test?) I'm angry at myself for allowing these thoughts to consume me so much.

I feel faithless and unworthy. If I can't trust God to do this for me, how can I expect it to happen? I want to turn my brain off and give it all over. I want to not be worried about it. I've tried. Women have gone through much worse than this. YEARS of trying and medical procedures and still have no children. What right have I to complain? What right do I have to be so selfish? What right do I have to be upset that we haven't been successful in the several months we've been trying?

And I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the two friends I have who just found out they are pregnant. I'm so happy for them. Truly, I am. I'm thrilled that they are experiencing something so amazing. But, I'm jealous. That could be me. But it's not.

I'm determined. Tomorrow is a new day. God is good. Everything will be okay.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it didn't work this time around, but just think positive, which i know is hard to do. I know many ppl that it didn't work for the first round :) and now have a happy baby!

    good luck!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your honesty and think writing about your feelings is a healthy, positive way to sort things out. Completely understand where you are coming from wanting to wait to share anything WHEN it happens....that is your right, no worries!

    Hang in there and keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you. I think your positive outlook on the situation will help you through it. Whether you realize it or not, just by writing you're feelings, you may be helping someone else who is going through the same process. Good luck through all of this...your strength is admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I found your blog through Five Question Friday. I am TTC, too and have experienced many of the same emotions as you (although of course not the same exact experiences because those are up to the individual). I also, started writing about TTC on my blog but know that when the C part happens I'm not going to share it with readers immediately.

    I also have had my faith shaken and as I look at two of my closest friends (and countless others) that have conceived I can't really comprehend that the big man upstairs would be so cruel. You're actually better than me because I am quite honestly, not happy for them (partially due to how irresponsible they are).

    Anyway, you are not alone and WHEN you get pregnant it will be worth all of the pain and stress. I wish you much luck!

    ReplyDelete