Home

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wedded Wednesday - Rob Says



I'm totally stealing this idea from Meredith (you should check out her blog anyway, this is also where I got the photography lessons from). So I thought I'd give Rob a little space on the blog. I mean, I talk about him an awful lot, he deserves it right?


1. As most of my blog readers know, you started a business. What is it? Why did you do it? Have you learned any good life lessons?
We are trying to bring something new to the gaming world.  We want people to have a place to go to to participate in video game events, tournaments, midnight launch parties, etc. and have fun.  Every event is also free.  We have always had a passion for video games and simply looked at 1. What do gamers want?  2. Is anyone giving it to them?  Gamers want much more and that is what we're here for.  I have learned to have patience, things move slowly with a business but always work out for the best.

2. We're going on 2 years!! What is the best part of being married? What has been the worst? Any advice for the newlyweds out there?
The best part of being married is not having to constantly say goodbye and go a day or sometimes two without seeing that person.  The worst part is money, buying and filling a house with stuff is expensive...  My advice would be to double, triple, and quadruple check yourself financially before deciding to buy a house and get married. 

3. We're trying to have a baby. How do you feel about this? What do you expect? How do you think our lives will change with a new little life?
I feel like I am slowly preparing myself mentally for this and I honestly don't know what to expect.  I think we will be even busier but I also think it will bring us together in a way that nothing else can.

4. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
Spending more time with my grandpa before he died...

5. Is your life today where you imagined it would be five years ago?
My life is right about where I hoped it would be, sans being a published writer. 

6. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Hopefully, retired, with kids, and happy. 

7. What is your favorite meal that I make? What is your least favorite?
I love it when you make scrambled eggs, also your salsbury steak is amazing.  Their really isn't anything you make that I don't like.

8. What is a lesson you learned as an adult that you wished someone would have taught you growing up?
To be patient, if you're meant to have something you'll get it.  Just sit back and relax, do your best, work hard, and everything will work out in the end. 


Do you like hearing from Rob? It's funny, he is the funniest person I know (and several people can attest to this), but his writing is always so serious... maybe I'll do a verbal interview next time. 

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I might have to steal it :)

    I like the idea of Rob being about to retire in 5 years. I wish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow...retired in 5 years?! I wish!

    And I totally think you need to share this salisbury steak recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Yeah, there are some big possibilities with his business. We'll see how that pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEHE. I love the big plans, just sas he wrote - work hard and it'll work out! Retiring in 5 years isn't a joke . . . :)

    Love your contribution!

    ReplyDelete