Home

Monday, April 26, 2010

Ask Me Anything Answers!

I had two people comment on my ask me anything post, so here's my reply.

N. asked:
  1. Where is your favorite place? Can be a room at home, somewhere you go like a park, or somewhere you've traveled...
    My favorite place is home in general. I love to be home. If I had to pick a specific place at home, I'd have to say my living. It's where I spend the most time! Boring, I know, but I can't help it. I'm a homebody!
  2. What would you want for your last meal?
    Tough question! Hmmm... the problem is, I eat like a bird. I'd get three bites in and be full. But I'd stuff myself silly with the following: Appetizer of a house salad from Fratelli's and Texas Roadhouse rolls and butter, an entree of Filet Mignon (medium) with A-1 Steak Sauce, green bean fries, sweet potato with butter and brown sugar and some sort of rice. I'd then follow it up with a dessert of pull-apart cake(I'll be doing a separate post about this little piece of heaven) and deep fried Oreos. Soooooo bad. If I wasn't already going to die (since it's my last meal and all) I'd probably have a heart attack soon after that meal. 
  3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 20?
    10 years? I'll be 33. I hope to have some kids. If I'm not a stay at home mom at that point, I'd like to be continuing teaching math and possibly working on or already have my masters. In 20 years, I'll be 43 and to be honest, I don't know where I see myself. Hopefully continuing to be a mom and teacher. I'd love to travel and do some volunteer work. But I see myself doing those things after I retire. Hopfully by the time I'm 43 I'll have 10 years of teaching in and be on my way to retirement. I do know one thing though, I want to be a mom.
  4. What's your favorite childhood memory?
    Going to Six Flags every summer. We never really went on vacation (except once when I was very young) but we went to Six Flags once every year. I looked forward to it all year! It was always so much fun. We never really argued and we spent the entire day. I remember a lot of things from those trips!
  5. Tell us something we don't know about you, that would surprise the heck out of us!
    I am a closet musician. I taught myself how to read music play piano starting when I was probably 5 or 6. I don't play for people - aside from my husband when he happens to be home while I'm playing. I play for myself. It's kind of my release.

    I'm currently working on a few songs including songs from the Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack (my favorite movie ever!). You should seriously follow that link and go listen. It's amazing. I love Dawn and Liz on Top of the World. I'm also working on a song called All of Me by Jon Schmidt which is a really cool song to play. Watch this video and you'll see why. (Before you follow that link, I have to warn you, I'm blogging on my work computer which doesn't have access to youtube. So, I think that's the right video, but I can't view it to see for sure. Just warning you). If you like the song and want to try and play you can download the sheet music from his website for free!

    I've also been working on the classic Au Clair de la Lune. Though this is REALLY stretching my abilities.

    In addition to piano, I sang in choir in school for 7 years beginning in 7th grade through high school. I sang in the chamber/jazz choir senior year and qualified for all-state choir junior and senior year (though I didn't make it). I'm not that great at singing, but I truly miss choir. It was one of my favorite things to do.
Phew!! Thanks N. for the questions!!!

I got one from My Husband's Watching TV.  She asks (after finding out that in addition to teaching I'm also our school librarian) what my favorite childhood and adult books are. 

Oooooo!!! Tough question!! I LOVE to read, always have. I used to get in trouble at school because I wouldn't put my books away. I don't think I could ever choose just one book to be my favorite. I don't remember many picture books, mainly chapter books. I loved to read the American Girl series and other historical fiction. I also enjoyed The Devil's Arithmetic. As an adult, I've never outgrown my love for kids books. I don't really read adult books! I recently have read and love A Wrinkle in Time, The Magician's Nephew, the Harry Potter series, Twilight (yes, I know), and some picture books including The Giving Tree, The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear, and Just in Case You Ever Wonder. I could go on and on with this list!
Thanks everyone for your responses!! Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment