Home

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wedded Wednesday



Wedded Wednesday is a collaboration
of married bloggers sharing their inspirations,
anecdotes, struggles and thoughts regarding
the amazing union of two separate people, as one.

Being married to an entrepreneur has its moments. I am SO proud of Rob. I am proud of his accomplishments and his drive to make the best life he can. I am grateful for the sacrifices he makes for us and his desire to make us "rich so we can retire early and spend all of our time with our kids and families." He has worked so hard.

You know what's coming.

This has been a difficult week for us. We have spent the last week and a half prepping and planning for the grand opening and now it's come and gone. But, the stress still lingers. I tend to be unusually calm under pressure. I feel like I think clearest when I'm in situations that require big decisions. Rob, on the other hand, gets emotional and loses some sense of logic. He tends to get impatient and defensive and my attempts at a calm discussion don't always end nicely. But, we balance each other out and we manage.

Leah reminded me of communication today. There have been moments when I feel like if I just suck it up and hold on to the emotions I'm feeling with the stress in our lives, it will be better. But, then I remember the times I've done that before and the problems it has caused. I know, though, that this too shall pass. Rob will not always be stressed and I will not always be stressed because he is stressed. I take comfort in knowing that at the end of the day, we'll be together side-by-side and loving each other more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment