Home

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tidbits


  • Oh dear. I am way behind. I was talking to Rob today to reminded me that it is currently February 2. WHAT!? So, not only have I neglected to take pictures of Evelyn's big girl room after completion (more on that in a minute), I also have a weekly bump post due in two days and I'm late on Evelyn's 19 month post. 
  • I can't believe my baby is 19 months old. And I completely forgot about it. I feel like the last 2 weeks haven't even existed as I've literally been pouring every spare ounce of time and energy into completing her room for the big move this weekend.
  • Speaking of her room, we officially made the move meaning that it is done. Not necessarily to my vision, but some of it I realized just isn't really possible with the age she is right now. I'm going to write a whole post about her room before and after and all the logistics of everything, but I'm pretty happy with it overall!
  • Evelyn's first official night in her new bed was last night. It started pretty rough as she just didn't want to stay in bed (not surprising), but finally my good friend asked if she could lay with her and lo and behold, she fell asleep! Dallas managed to sneak out and Evelyn slept the rest of the night. She didn't even get up before she normally does! Look closely and you can see Sweet Pea sleeping in her big bed!

  • I wish I had slept as well. My body slept but my mind didn't. You moms out there would understand. And, as soon as the sun came up I was wide awake just waiting for her to wake up early. Totally unnecessary, but oh well. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight.
  • I finally got my official Christmas present today! Rob got me a second band for my wedding set, but he got the wrong one. So, today, we went and made the exchange. I'm pretty much in love. Hopefully I get to wear it a little before my hands swell too much!
  • I have been nesting. Bad. Cleaning non-stop, working on Evelyn's room, working on the nursery to revert it back to "infancy." I even did my first load of laundry for the baby. Diapers and washing things like the Boppy and Rock N' Play covers. Yikes.
  • I gained 1 lb over the last two weeks putting me at around 35lbs gain. Things have definitely slowed down!
  • My next OB appointment starts my weekly visits. Oh dear. It's coming. FAST.
  • Evelyn has not been napping well. It's frustrating me and her. She gets super cranky, but I'm not sure what to do. It's even worse now that she can climb out of her bed. At least I can say that moving her to her new bed didn't ruin her naps. They were bad already. But I'm sure it won't be helping the situation.
  • I'm done with winter. It hasn't even been that bad this year either. But, I'm ready for leaves on the trees and adventures to the zoo and the swimming pool! And walks! I can't wait for spring!
  • I really hope this summer is a mild one. The last two have been brutally hot and I'd love to spend a lot more time outside this year. Evelyn will be at a great age for the park and the new little on will still be nice and wearable, I think.
  • We've been attending a new church. I'm still getting used to it, but I really like it. I love the messages and the worship. Seriously, the guy can teach. And I like it when I'm learning and being taught, not always preached at. If that makes sense. My biggest struggle is the size of our new church. I've always attended small churches (200 or less) and this church is very large. It has multiple campuses and multiple services per campus. But, I think with some effort on our part to get involved, we can call it home. That's what I'm looking for, home.

1 comment: