Home

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

#2: 35 Weeks


{Yes, I do exist outside of my pajamas. I promise!}

How far along: 35 weeks; 35 days to go (actually, since this post is a day late... 34!)

How big is baby: A coconut. From now on baby's growth is mostly in the plumping department - though he won't get much longer, he'll put a pound or more of baby fat on before birth. His hearing is totally developed and if he really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.

Weight gain/loss: At least 30lbs. Between the different scales, I'm not sure of the exact number but I'm looking at about 35lbs right now. I only gained 1lb between my last two appointments (two weeks apart) so I'm not feeling too bad about this right now!

Stretch marks: I thought I had one emerging below my belly button but it hasn't gotten any worse. Maybe I won't add to my stretch mark collection this time? I think I just jinxed myself.

Sleep: Terrible. Between the intense discomfort brought on by my development of SPD and Evelyn moving to her new bed, I'm exhausted. 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I'm starting to lean toward fruit a little more these days. Sounds like Evelyn's pregnancy!

Movement: Slowing down a little I think but he/she definitely reminds me he/she is in there often!

What I'm worrying about: Getting Evelyn to bed easily. It's been rough. It's only been 4 days but she is testing me for sure. Once she is actually asleep, there are not problems, it's getting her to sleep that is the hard part.

What I'm loving: Still nesting! Though I am really tired. 

Symptoms: I've had a pretty tough week. My OB diagnosed me with SPD - Pubic Symphysis Diastasis. The pain I've been having are attributed to that and they've been getting progressively worse. I'm still hanging in there, but I find being up and moving around is a lot better than sitting too much. I've had a lot of pain in my pubic bone and joint including popping and grinding. Sounds awesome, huh? Sleep is probably the worst. It's pretty painful to roll over, but I can't sleep on one side all night or my hips will get really sore. Also, my gall bladder is acting up, but that's par for the course from last time. I'm just on the border of that mental state of "I can't take this anymore." I love being pregnant for sure, but I won't say there aren't things that get me down!

What I'm looking forward to: Settling in as a family of 4. Seeing how Evelyn interacts with the new one. She is so sweet with her baby dolls, I hope she is as sweet to the new one!

Best moment of the week: Though it was rough, finally making the move with Evelyn. That opens the doors for me to get the crib and nursery back in newborn shape! I washed all my newborn diapers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment