Home

Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby #2: 38 Weeks


{Hello belly button!}

How far along: 38 Weeks

How big is baby: A pumpkin. The last bits of vernix caseosa and lanugo are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair.

Weight gain/loss: I want to say we're closer to the 40lb mark now. I've only gained 2-3 lbs in the past month or so.

Stretch marks: Still not sure, but nothing is glaring at me.

Sleep: Pretty terrible. Mix a cold in with the general uncomfortable feelings and it kind of sucks.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I've lost my appetite a bit. Not much sounds good. Though I'm still enjoying sweets more than salty.

Movement: Slow and steady. I'm getting a lot of the "lightning crotch" feelings and pressure as the baby is dropping but he/she is still wiggling away in what limited space is left.

What I'm worrying about: Going into labor while I have a cold! That sounds miserable. It's pretty minor, but still.... Just things in general. Praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. And, if I can have the perfect labor and delivery I'm envisioning to go on top of it would be great!

What I'm loving: The snow that has forced us to take a few slow days. I was pretty busy for a few weeks and I'm enjoying some time at home and trying to rest a bit.

Symptoms: Indigestion, SPD, gall bladder pain. I had this weird pain in my leg this week but it has subsided. Actually, overall things have lessened in the past few days. My gall bladder isn't burning all the time. The indigestion is waning. My ribs aren't aching horribly. I think that can all be contributed to the baby settling down low. Of course, that means a lot of pressure down low, but what can I say? 

What I'm looking forward to: Summer! Trips to the zoo. Babywearing. Remembering to enjoy the little things and not letting myself get caught up in an overwhelming feeling of what's coming!

Best moment of the week: FINALLY settling on both boy and girl names for good. I hope. We kind of suck at making decisions. I think Rob is in denial. 

1 comment:

  1. You're almost there! Can't wait to "meet" the newest addition!

    ReplyDelete