Home

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby #2: 39 Weeks

{New phone! Woo-hoo!}

How far along: 39 Weeks


How big is baby: A watermelon! Baby's brain is still developing rapidly and his skin has taken a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.

Weight gain/loss: I want to say we're closer to the 40lb mark now. I've only gained 2-3 lbs in the past month or so.

Stretch marks: Yep. I've had a few pop up around my belly button. They aren't all over like last time though.

Sleep: Better. I've actually slept entirely through the night a few times otherwise I'm only waking to pee.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I've lost my appetite a bit. Not much sounds good. Though I'm still enjoying sweets more than salty.

Movement: Slow and steady. I'm getting a lot of the "lightning crotch" feelings and pressure as the baby is dropping but he/she is still wiggling away in what limited space is left. I'm also getting some very deep nerve pain when (I assume) the baby hits something in there. It radiates through my hip bones and butt and sometimes almost knocks me off my feet! Check out the video I took last night! This was even after he/she got a little camera shy!


{I'm not the biggest fan of showing my bare belly, but I couldn't pass this one up}

What I'm worrying about: Not too much. Just getting through labor and delivery in general and have a healthy baby!

What I'm loving: Another wave of nesting! Getting baby clothes washed and put away. Looking at tiny newborn cloth diapers. Having the crib ready again and the swing out for use. Getting so close!

Symptoms: This past week has been really good! I was pretty miserable for a few weeks and all of a sudden it's like things are magically better. Aside from having a belly in the way and the occasionally sharp pain, I'm feeling almost 2nd tri-ish. It's really setting me up for positive memories of this pregnancy. I'm happy to be reminded of why I love being pregnant and how much I am blessed to enjoy this miracle.

What I'm looking forward to: Holding my sweet baby. Smelling the smell. The high of that first moment when I get to meet him or her. Knowing that I'm about to double the joy of parenthood in our house. 

Best moment of the week: My mom coming over yesterday to help me do some serious cleaning and organizing. Rob and I made a ton of freezer meals on Sunday and I'm feeling pretty ready! 

1 comment: