Home

Monday, February 11, 2013

#2: 36 Weeks (Baby Says Hi!)



How far along: 36 Weeks

How big is baby: A honeydew. Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

Weight gain/loss: Around 35 lbs. Not too bad so far after a rough start!

Stretch marks: I'm not sure at this point. It looks like there are a few popping up around my belly button, but I only see them in a certain light. I've still got some time (hopefully) for them to really appear.

Sleep: Every day is different. Some days I sleep well and others, not so much.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Again, I feel like I'm wanting a lot of what I was craving with Evelyn's pregnancy. Fruit, sub sandwiches. Though I'm still loving some chocolate.

Movement: Slowing down and more patterns, but sometimes this kid just goes to town! See for yourself!



{Yes, that is the baby moving, not me moving my belly!}

What I'm worrying about: Not a whole lot. Of course I have some moments where I worry about a safe labor and delivery but at this point I'm kind of accepting that it's out of my control. Getting anxious about what's coming but so looking forward to having another little one!

What I'm loving: Thinking about snuggling a newborn again and that sweet newborn smell.

Symptoms: Indigestion, SPD, gall bladder pain. I just keep on keeping on!

What I'm looking forward to: Weird as it sounds, experiencing labor and delivery again. I'm praying that it goes as well as last time, but I am looking forward to that rush. The whole thing was just so indescribable. I'm getting ready!

Best moment of the week: My meeting with my doula. I'm so happy already that we hired her again. She came over and we talked a lot about things and my expectations. She gently reminded me that I'm 36 weeks which means I might want to start thinking about packing my hospital bag (yikes!) and she brought me a really nice little bag of goodies including an herbal sitz bath and some tea and breastfeeding necessities. It was also nice to talk to a mom who just went through L&D a few weeks ago herself. 

1 comment: