Home

Monday, January 21, 2013

#2: 33 Weeks


{ ^ 33 Weeks compared to 26 weeks  ^}

I know I shared the same pic last week for comparison, but I liked the idea of seeing the same shirt. Baby's definitely growing!

How far along: 33 weeks

How big is baby: A durian fruit (approx. 19.4 inches long and 4.4 lbs). Things are heating up inside as well: baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing and sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening and he's starting to keep his eyes open when he's awake. 

Weight gain/loss: At least 30lbs. According to the doctor's scale it's looking like about 33. So we've slowed down a bit, but still gaining. 

Stretch marks: I think I've got one emerging right below my belly button. It was inevitable. 

Sleep: Meh. I just can't get comfortable. I'm not going to lie, we just got the mattress for Evelyn's room and I'm very tempted to sleep in there. By myself. Without Rob or dogs. A whole full-sized bed to myself sounds lovely.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Ice cream with bananas and chocolate syrup. Mmm....

Movement: Still lots. This kid is very active! I'm working on getting it on video to share. But, I think he/she is still kind of settling into the same position Evelyn was in with his/her butt in my ribs.

What I'm worrying about: Again, just how quickly things seem to be going. Not much else though thankfully!

What I'm loving: Nesting! I am on a roll! I've pretty much purged the main level of our house. Evelyn's room is coming right along. The kitchen has been reorganized and I'm seeing progress toward my goals! It's wonderful.

Symptoms: Again, aches and pains. I'm pretty tired every night and have been going to bed earlier. My gall bladder has been a little cranky lately, but that seems to be due to baby's position more than anything.

What I'm looking forward to: Getting the dreaded big move to Evelyn's big girl room done. I'm terrified of how she is going to handle it and I just want it to go smoothly and to not affect her sleep too much. What am I thinking!?

Best moment of the week: I don't know if I could pinpoint a single moment. I'm just loving things right now. Evelyn is so sweet and is constantly giving hugs and kisses. Life is good! Can't wait to introduce another little person to this family.

Oh, wait, I take that back, I think we've decided on names! That is a good feeling. We're letting them settle for a few days but I kind of love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment