Home

Monday, January 7, 2013

#2: 31 Weeks

{I actually like this picture!}

How far along: 31 weeks

How big is baby: A pineapple. Baby is going through major brain and nerve development these days. His irises now react to light and all five senses are in working order.

Weight gain/loss: At my appointment last week I was at 159. I think that makes a total of 30 lbs and somehow no real gain in the past 3 weeks over Christmas. I'm calming down a lot about my weight now. 

Stretch marks: None yet this time. But, I'm sure they'll come.

Sleep: Rough. I don't have problems falling asleep but I've been in a bit of pain overnight. My mattress seems to put a lot of pressure on my hips and sleeping with a pillow between my legs leaves me with a feeling like my pubic bone has been bruised in the morning. On top of that, I've been experiencing a popping sensation in my pubic bone for a couple of weeks now. This definitely leads to a restless night and a tired mama.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: More sweets than anything. I still want some molten chocolate cake with ice cream and an ice cold glass of milk. 

Movement: Seems to be moving more toward those rolls and "alien" moves you get toward the end. Baby is in a different spot than he/she was last week though. I'm not sure if he/she flipped back over or what, but I'm not feeling the kicks in my right side so much anymore. There is definitely something hard in my right ribs. Hopefully it's a butt and not a head.

What I'm worrying about: There have been talks of layoffs again with my husband's job. That's always scary but it's in God's hands and I know we'll be taken care of. Getting everything done before the baby comes. Mainly finishing Evelyn's room and getting her switched over. I still have a lot of work to do around the house with organizing and purging. Hopefully we'll get it finished soon! I did get a big burst of energy and cooked a month's worth of freezer meals yesterday! Here's to a month of meal planning done. I hope it works out well and we stick to it. We spend way too much money on food because we don't plan well.

What I'm loving: Starting to get out and go through the little things again. Clothes, socks, diapers. There is nothing to get you going like looking at baby clothes.

Symptoms: A lot of hip and pelvic pain. General achiness. Everything else is great!

What I'm looking forward to: I feel like I've said this before and never have anything to show for it, but working on Evelyn's room. We have to get it done eventually!

Best moment of the week: My dr. appointment. I felt good about my weight and a lot better about my delivery plans. Now just waiting for the baby! Down to bi-weekly appointments! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment