Home

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I feel like a horrible slacker.

I am hanging my head in shame as I write this first blog post in almost a MONTH. Yes, a month. What have I been doing? Well, wouldn't you like to know. I have spent the last month doing everything from painting my entire house (well, almost), setting up our furniture, having my first shower, starting on my invitations, attending the most fun and amazing bachelorette party ever, researching alarm systems and phone companies, and homework. Notice how homework is last on that list? Not only am I a blogging slacker (I haven't even stalked my most stalked blogs daily!), but I'm a total slacker of a college student. Prepare yourselves, ladies and gentlement. Miss 4.0 GPA my actually get her first "C" this semester. Why? Because I'm so not motivated! I have a house! I have things to do! Is studying for that midterm really that important? I guess it should be.

I'm going to touch on some random news and then sign off for tonight...

  • I've printed off all the envelopes for the invitations (woo-hoo!) This took a ridiculous 3 days and I'm currently waiting on 4 addresses from my beloved fiance (whom I'm about to strangle) that I have so kindly reminded him to get daily for about 3 weeks. I'm also in the midst of deciding how to tie the ribbons on the invites... that will be fun.
  • The bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses are in! Yay! I hope there aren't any problems!
  • My house is almost entirely painted. I only have two bathrooms to do and possibly the third bedroom. I'm so done with paint. This is the main reason I haven't blogged... I can't bring myself to make my humungo before and after post until it's complete... will this ever happen? Yes, it will. At least this is what I keep telling myself. I promise the post is coming and you will love it! My house looks fantastic!
  • I've found a full time job for the summer. Let me tell you, this is a relief. I'll be back at Westgate Christian summer camp working with three year olds all day. They are so cute! Well, they have to be, or I might be contemplating mass murder ... ;)
  • I had my first shower! It was so much fun! My wonderful, amazing, fabulous, beautiful maid of honor threw it for me and she did a fantastic job. I'll post pics later.
  • I hate new carpet. I have vacuumed my house quite a few times (this is much less than I would have liked...) and I have to change the bag in the vacuum cleaner every time I do it. I also have to stop about every 10 feet to pull out fiber balls to keep them from clogging the vacuum. This sucks... hopefully it won't last much longer. I wonder if getting an Oreck will help alleviate my stress...?
  • I'm getting married in a little more than 10 weeks! WOW!! I'm still very ready for it to be here!
  • Speaking of weddings... my good friend Sam is getting married in less than 2 weeks. I'm so excited for her! She had a bachelorette party a couple of weeks ago. It was a blast. We went to the Melting Pot (amazing!) and then back to her apartment to just hang out. I had so much fun! Very low key, exactly my kind of party.
  • I'm tired.
  • I'm a terrible blogger. I'm too freaking lazy to upload pictures from my camera to show you some of the things I've mentioned in this post. I apologize. At this point I have too many things to care about to care about putting pictures on my blog. Hopefully the facelift is enough to hold you all over.
Thank you all for your patience. I'm on the verge of losing my grip on all of things I'm holding so tightly to. As much as I want to let go, if I do, I'll lose it. Someone tell me it will get better after the wedding? I don't know how much longer I can stretch myself this thin... I don't even have time to blog anymore, which is my main outlet. Maybe as soon as we get internet at the house I can take my babies and escape for some much needed alone time and blog there... I need to get the invites out and caught up on my online class first... I also need to finish painting. :(

I need a vacation. Good night.

3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering where you were... glad to hear from you. You seem swamped, so don't beat yourself up too bad about slacking on the blogging. Although you better post some pics ASAP or you'll be in trouble! I can't wait to see your house!
    Take a deep breath. Everything is coming together, it will all be ok. It's worth it in the end: the house, the wedding, school...
    Definitely try and take some time for yourself in there somewhere. It's good for your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are okay!

    Yes, it does get less stressful after the wedding in some sense....because you don't have to plan a freaking wedding! Of course, new fun stresses of marriage can take it's place but you can handle it:)

    Seriously, try and step back and enjoy this time in your life. I know, it sounds crazy. But these are all VERY exciting moments in your life that you can't get back. You won't ever plan a wedding again. You won't get to make your FIRST house a home again. And even school...I know you don't care much now, but there are some real positives to being in school and not working full time instead. I sometimes look back on school days and miss them.

    So that's my great married advice. Chill out a little bit, breathe, and take your time with these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad to hear you're alive! I've been wondering about you chica. You are so so close, I just can't believe it! I'm looking forward to lots of pics when you get a chance to upload. ;)

    ReplyDelete