Home

Monday, October 29, 2012

#2: 21 Weeks

We're officially counting down from half-way! So excited and so nervous all at the same time.


(Sorry about the mirror. It's REALLY old and there's not much I can do about it!)

Look at me! 2 belly pics in a row! 

How far along: 21 Weeks

How big is baby: A pomegranate. Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth). 

Weight gain/loss: I'll let you know at my next dr. appointment. I don't typically weigh myself that often...

Stretch marks: None yet. But, I'm sure they'll come.

Sleep: Pretty good! Evelyn went to the dentist this week and lo and behold, she has two of her molars. That would explain some night-time wake ups. We've all been sleeping pretty well this week though.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: No partiality to sweet or salty. I do love my Oreos and milk. Just milk in general is tasting pretty good. Chocolate milk, hot chocolate from Starbucks, ice cold white millk. Mmmm...

Movement: Yep! It's getting increasingly more consistent and obvious. I can often feel kicks on the outside and even see them. Rob felt a kick this week!

What I'm worrying about: L&D. This pregnancy is going by so fast and with Evelyn to chase and life going on, I don't feel like I have as much time to mentally prepare myself for what's to come. I'm still contemplating hiring a doula again. Any second timers want to share advice? I'll talk about my birth plan more in depth later. I know I can do it, I've done it before, but I think knowing what's coming is freaking me out a bit.

What I'm loving: The movement. I'm finally getting those daily reminders that there is a little miracle in there. So often I would forget I was pregnant and I almost felt guilty; like I wasn't enjoying it like I should be. Now, I find myself with my hand on my belly and a grin on my face often throughout the day.

Symptoms: Still heartburn. Round ligament pain. Braxton Hicks - early, I think, but not unheard of. I just need to make sure I'm drinking plenty of water. 

What I'm looking forward to: I'm anxious to know what this one is! We didn't find out again, but I'm a little more antsy about it this time. I'm really interested to see what kind of sibling relationship will be occurring in my house. Brother/sister? Sister/sister? Any bets?

Best moment of the week: Rob feeling the baby kick. There's just nothing like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment