Home

Thursday, January 27, 2011

18 Weeks

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe we're already at 18 weeks! That's almost HALF WAY!! Where does time go? I've got some exciting updates for this post though.

Let's talk about the baby!! He is now the size of a sweet potato! Personally, I LOVE sweet potatoes, so this particular comparison to produce makes me happy!


At a whopping 5.6 inches and 6.7 oz,  baby is becoming amazingly mobile, passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing (so cute!).

And guess what? I've started to feel these movements! I get little "taps" or "flutters." He seems to be responding to noises and I feel quite a bit of movement when I sit down and play the piano. I try to make it a point now to play for baby as often as possible! It's the most amazing feeling and I relish every last one. I actually find myself laying awake at night just hoping for another little wave from our baby. It makes me so happy!

In three weeks (I had to move my appointment back), we'll get to have another ultrasound! I can't wait to see him moving around on the screen and another little check to make sure everything is okay.

As far as I'm concerned, I still have zero complaints! I love being pregnant! One thing I've seen posted on other blogs about pregnancy is a little Q&A that sums a lot of things up quite nicely. I'm probably not going to post every question every week, but I will this first week and kind of update it as the we continue traveling along.

How far along?: 18 weeks
How big is baby?: See above. ;)
Weight gain/loss?: Last I checked, 3 pounds
Stretch marks?: None so far!
Maternity clothes?: Occasionally. I can still fit into some of my regular clothes, especially shirts. But I definitely have to make accommodations for pants! I wore my first full maternity outfit last week.
Sleep?: Not too bad. I don't sleep as soundly as I used to. I've started sleeping with a pillow between my legs which helps with pains that sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night.
Food cravings?: Nothing in particular. But, I have my moments.
Gender?: La, la, la. I'm not telling! (Not like I know or anything)
Movement?: Finally! It's getting more and more frequent. LOVE IT!
Belly button?: I definitely think I see more of it now and it's stretching a bit, but undeniably an innie.
What are you looking forward to this week?: More Movement!


Oh and let's not forget the bump. I have to confess that this one is probably a little exaggerated as I had literally just eaten dinner. Look, just look! My boobs are not bigger than my belly in this picture! YAY!!





2 comments:

  1. I told you this day would come. And now watch out...it's belly all the way! :) Super cute. And yay for movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute with your little bump! And how surreal is the movement?! So excited for you, for that big milestone.

    ReplyDelete