Home

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Catch-Up Post

Okay, here goes. Weeks 7 through 17. I haven't kept up with these weekly posts, mainly because I really didn't feel like it was real. Like there was nothing to show people. Now that I'm writing this post, I'm realizing just how much there is to catch up on. Baby has done a LOT of developing in the last 10 weeks and I think it's safe to say I finally have a bump! More on that later. Let's talk about the little person that has happily made a home with me for a while.

All of this info comes from the Bump and it's pretty neat to think about how much our little one is developing and changing week to week.

Our baby has gone from being the size of a blueberry at 7 weeks to now being the size of a vidalia onion! He (I say he because I don't like referring to my baby as "it") has formed all of his limbs, organs, and bones. Tooth buds are in place, fingers and toes are wiggling, eyes are in place and can sense light, and ears are hearing. It is now known whether he is a boy or a girl, but we will not be finding out! We have gotten to hear the heartbeat twice (one was 167, the other 158). I have crossed the magic threshold into the 2nd trimester and feeling great!

More specifically, this week baby is around 5 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 6 oz. His skeleton is hardening and he is growing fat! Most amazingly, his fingerprints and toe-prints are starting to form!


This is me at 17 weeks! Holy baby bump! This was the first day I actually wore a full maternity outfit. Love it!

And, as I'm writing this, I'm realizing that the many things I'm wanting to say in this post really deserve posts of their own. So, coming soon:

  • The State of the Breast Address
  • Boy? Girl? Bald-headed Squirrel?
  • Why I'm Angry with my OB
  • The Name Game
  • CD's - Not the Kind You Listen To
  • Nursery Decor (This will probably be more like a series of posts)
  • My Birth "Suggestion"
Until then, I'm going to go and enjoy my snow day! We got about 10 inches last night!

4 comments:

  1. You look great! I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts; that's all the fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are adorable. Also, yay for the CD post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'm ready for your other posts. You have me in suspense. You look great and you don't look pregnant "all over" yet. Maybe you'll be one of those lucky girls.

    ReplyDelete