- Long holiday breaks - this is the most obvious, and I must say, the most enjoyable. Who doesn't like a long summer/winter/spring/fall break?
- Job security - Now, I can't say I had the easiest time finding a job, even as a math teacher. However, if there were ever a secure job to have, it's in the field of education. We'll always need teachers!
- When we decide to start a family, it will be much easier to work my schedule around my children. Allowing me to work, while still play the integral part of mom.
- Mastering subject matter - there is something about being very knowledgeable about a certain subject that appeals to me. Especially teaching science. It's like going back to school, except that as the teacher I learn it so much better.
- It is so awesome getting to share something I am passionate about. I love math. And, even teaching science (I teach physics to one class) I get to share that passion with my students. Isn't that what everyone likes to do? Share those things they are passionate about?
- Having a job I love. I love what I do. I love my students. I love my coworkers. It's fantastic getting up every morning and knowing I'm going to a place I love.
And, when I list them, the benefits WAY outweigh the negatives. I am so thankful for a job I love. What are you thankful for?