Home

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Book Review: The Lost City of Faar

The Lost City of Faar (Pendragon, #2) The Lost City of Faar by D.J. MacHale


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Bobby Pendragon travels to his second territory in search of the evil Saint Dane to try and uncover a plot to destroy Coral. Bobby has grown up quite a bit in this book which automatically makes it much better than the first. There is a lot of imagination in MacHale's writing and a I appreciate his descriptions and inventive settings.



One pet peeve I have about this series so far is what seems to be continuous plugs for random name brand products. Several times he refers to a product followed by said product's slogan. A bit annoying in my opinion.



I'm a little worried as I continue the story that it is going to be much the same for me as "A Series of Unfortunate Events" was in the repetitive nature of the plots from book to book. I truly hope MacHale can keep me interested. I have heard a lot of good things about these books. Maybe my expectations are just too high.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment