Home

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I love my babies....

I really do. But, I really HATE them right now.

Before Rob and I moved in together after the wedding, Oliver and Dudley were happily living at my parents house and doing just fine. I mean, what dog wouldn't with someone home to keep you company ALL THE TIME. Obviously, that's not the case anymore. Oliver and Dudley live with Rob and I and are home 9 hours a day by themselves. Before we moved, we could let them roam the house without worry. They didn't chew (and still don't) and wouldn't mess in the house. Ahhh, until now.

Now, everyday, I come home to a pile of dog poop. And lately they've been peeing on the carpet. And it's not in a single spot everytime. It's all over the house. I'm so done with this right now. Poop, I can handle (though I still hate it) but pee is a totally different story.

Now the question, what do I do? Should I buy a crate for them? Should they share it? Have their own? What about blocking them off in the kitchen?

I would love to take like two weeks off of work to devote to housebreaking them again. It doesn't help that we don't have a fence either.

I'm so mad right now... :(

3 comments:

  1. block them off in the kitchen with a baby gate. if they still mess up, then it's off to the crates they go. change is hard on pups, too, but make sure to nip this in the bud before they go totally buck wild in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion Julia, but the opening to our kitchen is too big for a baby gate. I need to research a gate that would go all the way across. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those weiner dogs are rascals! I used to have one.

    I say crate them, even though I hate crating dogs.

    Oh and HI from a fellow St. Louis blogger!

    ReplyDelete