Home

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Miscellany

Happy Mother's Day!!! I think this day is an excellent reminder to honor those women who are near and dear to us without whom we wouldn't be here! I love you, Mom!!

I graduate on Saturday! Finally! I am so happy to be done with school and kiss that place goodbye! No more dealing with the annoyances of Lindenwood! That's another story entirely. I'm a little nervous though because I'm having my first real party at the house on Saturday. I'm excited for everyone to finally get to see our house, but I really hope it doesn't rain! I don't think my house is big enough for everyone to be inside! Pray for a beautiful day!

I mentioned my graduation present in my last post. For those who may be wondering, my awesome husband got me a Canon Rebel XSI DSLR camera. I am stoked! They had a deal at Best Buy where we got the camera, an extra lense, and a camera bag for an awesome price. I've been spending much of my free time reading up on it and playing. Be sure to check out my Flickr photostream (link up top) for updates!

Rob figured it could be a good investment as I'd like to hone in on my photography skills and he wants to build me a website to add to his portfolio. I'm thinking about trying to start up a small side business taking pictures of children and families. I don't know if I have the talent for this, but I'm certainly willing to learn if it means I can do something I love. We'll see! I can't wait to set up a session with my nephew and maybe my neice!

Speaking of my photostream, what do you think? I went to Main Street in St. Charles and was just snapping pictures of things I liked. Some turned out, some didn't, but I think that's the way it works, right? I only got a few up, I have a LOT more I plan to post when I get a chance.

Summer's almost here! They are cleaning out the subdivision pool and the weather is steadily getting warmer! I LOVE summer. Warm weather, ice cream, sitting outside in the sun. It's my favorite. I just wish I didn't burn so easily... I feel like I should take out stock in sunscreen.

Does anyone have summer plans? I'm hoping to get a job and start planning for my classroom!

Now, watch, knowing St. Louis, it'll be 50 degrees tomorrow..

1 comment:

  1. it's 46 here today:)

    have fun with the camera and keep practicing and learning.

    ReplyDelete