Home

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Let Summer Begin!

While I've technically not done anything regarding school in the past 3 weeks, Saturday will mark the beginning of summer - the end of school. I graduate from college Saturday! Wait, it's been 4 years already? You mean I've been with my husband for 5 years (almost) already? Huh, let me let that sink in for a few minutes...

Okay, I'm done. I'm going to have quite the weekend! I have a (hopefully final) job interview tomorrow at 10am that I've been mentally prepping myself for all week. I'm really hoping I get this job! I don't know if my nerves can handle much more of this interview stuff. It really just throws me all off...

Then, I'll be cleaning all day on Friday to prepare for my graduation party on Saturday. God, please keep the rain away. I don't think I can fit all these people in my house. Amen.

Which, brings me to graduation. Did you walk in your college graduation ceremony? I'm debating this. If I walk it's really going to cut me close on time to get ready for my party. Like, really close. As in, I may be late to my own party.... I know its a great accomplishment and all, but I really have no attachments to Lindenwood. No one I really need to say "goodbye" to. Part of me wants to walk, but then I think it's probably going to be a long boring ceremony that I'm going to wish I had skipped. It's not like I actually get my diploma that day. What did you do?

Meanwhile, while I go contemplate the decisions I need to make, I'll leave you to contemplate my newest favorite photo:

What do you think? Pretty? Creepy? Let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the accomplishment!!

    And, I'm one of those that didn't walk. The whole ceremonial thing just wasn't important to me. I was just happy to have the diploma and be done with school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're done!! How awesome.

    No, I didn't walk at my college graduation. I graduated a semester early than most people I knew, so I just didn't have much interest in it. I loved the ceremony when I was in High School, but it was just different in college. Plus it was in December, rather than May, which is always a smaller, less exciting ceremony.

    And I love that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on graduation!
    I did walk in my graduation. There was no way my family would let me out of it. :)
    Love that picture, too.calog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walked for my Masters graduation because it was just my PT class and we were all very close. But for undergrad....when SLU held one gigantor ceremony at the Kiel center...I did not go. I'm glad I went to one of them, though...I say just do it for the pictures at least! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not walk at my college ceremony. I went to UMSL which is basically a commutor school, and I got a degree in French, and there were a whopping 4 of us! So it wasn't important to me at all. I was just happy to get that diploma and be done! Congrats!
    And I do like that picture. It reminds me of the pix I took of Spanish Moss filled trees in Nawlins.

    ReplyDelete