Home

Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaccccckkkk!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm married!!! What an amazing week and a half it has been! The wedding went off without a hitch and our week off of work was way too fast. But, I'll start from the beginning.

The week of the wedding was crazy. We were so busy decorating and making sure everything was ready. The rehearsal and dinner were great as well. I was really proud of myself because I never really felt very nervous beforehand. The day of, however was a different story.

I took everyone's advice and made sure I tried to take everything in as well as stayed hydrated and kept food on my stomach. We all met on Friday at the church to get our hair done at about 8am. Deanna, who is AMAZING, was there bright and early and did everyone's hair. She was literally working from 8am until 3:30pm to get everyone done. I couldn't thank her enough! She did a great job on everyone' s hair and kept a beautiful smile on her face all day long! My only pictures from the day of the wedding are of us hanging out getting ready so, here goes!

Deanna (she's gonna hate me for this picture!)

Doing our hair

Playing spoons while waiting...

Doing my makeup


Steaming my veil





I must say, also, that God is good! I literally sat and stared out the window ALL DAY as it rained CONSTANTLY from 8:30am until Clary (our photographer) got there. It didn't stop!! I was pleading with God to make it stop! He did! So, we tramped out in the wet grass in the wooded area behind the church for some pictures. I'm anxiously awaiting these! I'll definitely let you know as soon as they're posted.

The week after the wedding was a great week off. Not exactly what I had pictured, but still wonderful. Remember how I said Rob hadn't moved anything yet? And he promised he would be moved by the wedding? Well, the day after the wedding he breaks the news to me that he doesn't have any UNDERWEAR! What?! So, we head back to his parents' house to get some of his stuff. We also had a LOT of company the week after. I was hoping for some more alone time, but I still had a good time.


One thing I really loved: spending some good quality time with my babies! I got a whole week to love on them and get them used to their new house. They're loving it here! As am I!


Unfortunately, I had to head back to work today... it was bittersweet. I missed my class and am anxious to establish our routine. However, I don't want to start up the day to day boring stuff. Such is life.

More to come later!

5 comments:

  1. can't wait to see more pics and i LOVE that Rob forgot underware. that is so awesome and something Andy would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Stephanie!!! I can't wait to see pics - I'll be stalking Clary's blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, you are no longer "3 weeks from marrying the love of your life".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see pictures, congrats on the wedding and FINALLY moving in with your hubby! What an exciting time.

    ReplyDelete