Home

Friday, October 11, 2013

Adam Jonathan: 6 Months


I'm slacking again! I know I will look back and regret not writing these posts like I should. I regret it with Evelyn. So, again, better late than never, right?

SIX months! Never mind that you are actually almost 7 months. Six months was a month of huge milestones and difficulty. You keep me on my toes, Adam. This was a difficult month for me, as I had in my mind that you would be a little happier by six months. I took you to a chiropractor in hopes that an adjustment would improve your mood, only to discover that you have a posterior tongue tie. Then we started our adventure of getting that clipped in hopes that it would improve your mood as well. The chiropractor said she thought it might be affecting your ability to relax, and, honestly, I agree. I've never seen a baby quite so tense.

While we waited for your appointment for your tongue tie, you hit a couple of milestones! On your six month birthday, in the span of about 10 minutes, you became mobile! I sat you on the floor to run downstairs and do some laundry. You had gotten onto your tummy - which you have been doing for a couple of weeks - when I left you and when I came back, you were sitting up again! Then, you got on your tummy again, and moved forward. You had been rocking on all fours for a little while, but you finally figured it out. So, in that short period of time, you started to crawl and then go from your tummy to sitting. So exciting!

You also started on some solid food and have taken to it well. We do baby led weaning around here, so you're not ingesting a ton, but you've managed avocado, banana, and butternut squash quite well!


You still don't really sleep. No, seriously, you don't. Our nights usually look like this: bed at 7-7:30, up at 10:30, 12:30 and 2; at which point you refuse to go back to sleep in your crib so we sleep in the chair or on the couch until you are up again at 6:30 (not to mention a few times in between) to play. It's been rough, but at this point, it's become normal.

Then you had your tongue tie clipped. You cried when they did it. You cried during stretching. And then it healed. And, let me say something, you're happier. I don't have nearly as many moments of not knowing how to make you happy. You may not sleep better, but just seeing you smiling more than crying is so worth it.



I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel and we're heading that direction.


So, six months: sitting, crawling, sitting back up, crib dropped, food introduced, sleep still sucks, but more smiles than tears. I love you through it all, Adam, forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment