Home

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

23-25 Weeks

Whoa, where did the past 2 weeks go? As of 25 weeks, which is officially tomorrow, baby will be the size of an eggplant!

According to my weekly e-mails:

23 weeks -
Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!

24 weeks - 
Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow.

25 weeks -  
That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down.

Since I had my montly Dr. appointment today, I thought I'd update my little questionnaire. 

How far along?: 25 weeks
How big is baby?: See above. ;)
Weight gain/loss?: 17 pounds at my appointment today (ouch!)
Stretch marks?: I think I'm going to officially call this one a yes. Thought they are NOT bad at all, I've got them on my boobs. Hopefully they don't get much worse. Then again, I'm still not entirely sure since they seem to fade and darken throughout the day. 
Maternity clothes?: Yep. All the time!
Sleep?: Hit or miss
Food cravings?: Still strawberries! I've yet to send Rob out to get me something I just couldn't live without. In fact, there's yet to be something I can't seem to live without. I just wish it didn't ALL look so good.
Gender?: No clue
Movement?: All the time! He's a little wiggle worm. 
Belly button?: Still an innie, but I'm taking bets on whether it'll be an outie or just end up flat.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Nothing in particular. Just remembering to enjoy every moment!

My Dr. appointment went well today. Baby's heart rate was 150. I'm a little worried about something my Dr. talked about during my appointment. I've been taking a medication for acid reflux for several years now. I've never had any problems, aside from a little constipation. I was really excited to hear I could take it during pregnancy, because I'm absolutely miserable without it. Well, my Dr. mentioned about possibly coming off of it today. She said, she doesn't think the actual medication will hurt the baby, but it concerned about it blocking my body's absorption of calcium. Ugh.

Believe me, I'll be miserable with indigestion for the health of our baby, but when I say miserable, I mean miserable. She also expressed concern about the fact that I was never actually diagnosed with acid reflux and wonders if it may be something else, like a food allergy. I guess, it's not something I'm really worried about, but just another thing for my brain to turn over again and again, doing more mental harm than good. I'm going to cut down to every other day and hopefully try and ease off it. On a side note, how many Tums are safe to take in a day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment