Home

Monday, January 25, 2010

Revelation

Recently, I had an epiphany of sorts in terms of how unbelievably fast time goes as you get older. Don't you remember being a kid and thinking that a couple of hours in the afternoon seemed like forever? Not to mention your birthday and the exciting day when you got to say you were (insert number here) and a half. As the new year rolled around, like many others, I found myself reflecting on the past year and all of the events that occurred to safely store away in the vaults of my memory.

Then I realized that Rob and I are well on our way to our 2 year anniversary. What!? When did that happen? I felt like I spent the past 5 years waiting to get married, including a 2 year engagement, and here I am nearly 2 years into my marriage! Wow. It feels like just yesterday that Rob and I started dating and we marveled at the feeling of being one of those couples who hit "the year mark." Now we've been together over 5 years.

Watching James and Isabella makes me so happy and sad at the same time. James has been walking around saying things that he's going to do when he's five and a big boy going to kindergarten. ::Sob:: And Isabella is surprising me every time I see her. She's two now. Check her out at Christmas.


And don't get me started on Oliver and Dudley. My firstborn is going on 4 with Dudley trailing close behind at just over 3. As Rob and I look to the future to start a family, I hope to everyday keep in mind that we never get these times back. I love watching James and Isabella grow up and I can't wait to see what their futures hold, but a small part of me wants them to be little forever. It is so bittersweet.

2 comments:

  1. Dudley is only 2 not 3. We got him and Sadie in late fall 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Time flies with every year. Which is all the more reason to enjoy the moment before it passes!

    ReplyDelete